Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Way Back Wednesday: OMD



In honor of my very first gay boyfriend Bryan's birthday, I thought I'd bring back a song that we loved back in high school.  I was going to post "Believe" by R.E.M. as that was the theme song of the "Literary Tour" that he did for a school presentation, but apparently R.E.M.'s publishing company are Nazis and won't allow you to stream any of their music.  Sorry!  So, you are getting "We Love You" by OMD, which was one of our favorite driving-to-Arby's-at-lunch jams.  I think we probably listened to this song about 750 times at full volume.  We thought we were soo cool.

Here's us at prom:


And, because it's a big birthday, I thought I'd throw in a double whammy.  Once I got on about those lunchtime jams I couldn't leave out Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam's "All Cried Out."  Helloooo, another favorite!!  (Keep in mind that I had NO IDEA he was gay.)  So, today is a bonus Way Back Wednesday.  And, I just found out that "All Cried Out" is also the favorite of my new gay boyfriend, whose birthday is ironically also today. Apparently I love me some gay Geminis!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY fellas!!!  You are all faaaaabulous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment