Friday, June 24, 2011

My Morning Jacket

I was lucky enough to score a ticket to My Morning Jacket Wednesday night at the Pantages in Hollywood.  Not my first time seeing them, but it was my first time at that venue.  The show was awesome.  MMJ are easily one of the best live shows you can see.  They always bring good times and a solid show.
 

I'm not going to give you a full review of the show, but I will say that hearing Circuital live was awesome.  Such a great record.  My favorite songs have to be "Circuital," "Wonderful (The Way I Feel)," "You Wanna Freak Out," "Slow Slow Tune" and "Movin' Away."  The songs just seem so special.  I was glad to hear some of my old faves as well - "Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt. 2," "I'm Amazed," "Wordless Chorus" and "Off The Record."


Special shout out to Jim James, who isn't afraid to let his freak flag fly.  I was first fascinated by him at Coachella a few years ago when he appeared on stage wearing his skull boots.  He wasn't wearing them on Wednesday night, but he did bring out his cape, which is so amazing when he prances around, pulling it over his head like a super hero.  Love him.  I also appreciate that he performs most of the show wearing a trench coat; it always makes me laugh.


I loved the people there as much as I loved the band.  There was the girl who was passed out the entire show, clutching her purse like she was at a bus stop in South Central.  She was not very happy when we were cheering, or when my friend started banging on the backs of the seats just to annoy her.  She stirred a few times, only to cover her ears and give us dirty looks.  There was also Father Time, who was sitting behind us and said he has seen MMJ 150 times.

P.S. this guy has a girlfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment