Friday, June 10, 2011

Notes From Target: Good, Bad, Ugly

I used to be addicted to Target.  I would say that I went at least once every 10 days and spent a good $100-150.  You would think that there was a fire sale going on there every week.  New low price?  I'm in.  And, I need 10.  But, with my recent situation and budget consciousness, I have been trying to curtail my Target expenditures exponentially.  I've done pretty good, with about one trip to Target a month.  I still spend the same amount when I go, but it's not with the same reckless abandon that it used to be.  Baby steps.

THE GOOD:


Did you know that Lean Cuisine makes a Spinach Artichoke Dip?  And a Garden Vegetable Dip?  This is probably the most exciting news I've heard all week (says something about my week, huh?).  My life was forever changed when they introduced the Fajita Style Chicken Spring Rolls (which I secretly pray every day that there isn't a Pirate's Booty style scandal over the amount of calories/fat in them).  So, I'm really excited to give the dips a whirl.  They might be my new 2am snack item.  MMM...MMM...GOOD!


THE BAD:
They quit carrying my favorite Flintstones vitamin.  This is just horrific news for my internal health.  They also discontinued my favorite sports bra, but I was lucky enough to get the last one they had on clearance.  Silver lining, people. 

THE UGLY:
I can't be the only who has noticed that the price of toilet paper has increased ridiculously.  Oooooooooooooo-weeeeeeeeeeeeee-what's up with that?! What's up with that?!  I swear I paid $7.99 for a 12 pack of Cottonelle probably a year or so ago, and paid $13.99 for a 12 pack of Charmin today.  Really?!  The Cottonelle was the same price.  Is this what inflation means?  If so, I don't like it.  At all.

No comments:

Post a Comment