Thursday, June 7, 2012

Braziliantly Perfect Record: Pixies - Doolittle



I was recently on an extremely boring cross country flight (yo, US Airways...what's up with no tv's or in-flight entertainment?!) and I decided to play a game with myself where I listened to what I thought were perfect albums. Start to finish, amazing.  I like this game so much, I'm turning it into a regular feature.

The first and greatest installment:

1. Pixies- Doolittle


I mean, COME ON! This record is fucking awesome.  I remember the first time I heard “Monkey Goes to Heaven” on the college radio station.  I was like – “WTF is this?!  I love it!” And, then I heard the rest of the record and that was it…how I found the Pixies and fell in love, slicing up eyeballs.  I was lucky enough to see two nights of the Doolittle tour a few years back and was stoked. But, having been away from the record for a while, I was reminded at how truly amazing it is.  Any of you youngsters out there, take note. This is the record to get into. The one that will make you cool. The one that will make you rock the fuck out. It's a shame that Kim Deal and Frank Black don't get along because they are magical together. Truly. 


Listen: “DEBASER” (!!!!), “I Bleed,” “Crackity Jones,” "La La Love You," "There Goes My Man" "Monkey Goes to Heaven" (I know these were the singles, but they're still rad)






No comments:

Post a Comment