Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Way Back Wednesday: that dog.



I'm heading to Minneapolis this week and couldn't help but be inspired to dig up that dog.'s "Minneapolis" from the archive.  That dog. was one of my favorite bands in the mid-nineties.  They had some mild success and critical acclaim, but don't get the recognition they deserve.  Retreat From The Sun is quite possibly one of the catchiest records I own.  I can probably sing most of the songs on there STILL with no music or prompt whatsoever.  I don't think they ever made a video of this song, but someone was kind enough to add some footage of Minneapolis to the song.  They're missing the Jabberjaw and the cutest boy I ever saw. 

That dog. is slowly creeping back.  They've been playing a few reunion shows - two in Los Angeles at Largo on April 13th and one in Brooklyn at Music Hall of Williamsburg on May 24th.  Not sure if they're working on new material or not...one can only hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment