Monday, April 30, 2012

New Single: Hot Chip



One of my favorite things about the farewell LCD Soundsystem tour wasn't just LCD Soundsystem.  It was also that Hot Chip was opening for them.  I just love them.  Never before have I had a bunch of nerdy looking dudes get me so pumped and ready for an all-night dance party.  I was more than a little obsessed with their 2010 release One Life Stand; it still has prominent placement on my workout playlist along with "Ready For the Floor" from their 2006 release, Made In The Dark.  So, one should assume that the recent news that Hot Chip has a new single from a new record (In Our Heads, out June 4th) has me dancing on the ceiling.  Hip Hip Hooray!!  "Night and Day" is groovy, funkadelic and disco-chic...absolutely everything that I love about Hot Chip.

Hot Chip are hitting the road this summer and are gracing the Hollywood Bowl stage once again - this time with Passion Pit - on September 9th.  Yipps!

No comments:

Post a Comment