Monday, April 9, 2012

Keeping My Ear On: Rumspringa



I happened to catch Rumspringa playing at the Bootleg Theater in LA last Monday night and thought they were awesome!  And then I got home and realized that I had been staring at their first full-length cd, Sway, in a stack next to my desk for a couple of years.  Granted, it was labeled with a sticky note that said "Good," but I was a little pissed at myself for not picking it up and giving it a second whirl.  Now that I have, I am a little obsessed with Rumspringa and their crushing guitar ridden hooks with a dark poppy veneer.  They announced at the show that they'll be posting new tracks soon on their website and I can't wait to hear more.  If you're out in the desert and can't make it to Coachella, you can catch Rumspringa at the Desert Daze Festival on Sunday, April 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment