Wednesday, April 4, 2012

New Band Crush: Tanlines



Don't mind me, I'm just a little obsessed with Tanlines.  I don't mean the things that don't exist on my body since it finally sunk in that the sun tanning my bronzed skin might kill me (whyyy god, whyyy?!).  No, I'm talking about the Brooklyn band Tanlines.  Not only am I in love with their first single "Brothers" from their debut record Mixed Emotions, but they just released the second video from the record, "All of Me," directed by Julian Barratt of The Mighty Boosh.  "Brothers" made me happy, "All of Me" makes me GIDDY.  Mixed Emotions is an awesome record full of synthy poppy jams that makes me want to dance the night away.  I just can't get enough!

See them live here:


Wed, Apr 11       Washington, DC           DC9
Thu, Apr 12        New York, NY             Bowery Ballroom
Fri, Apr 13          Philadelphia, PA          Making Time @ Voyeur
Sat, Apr 14          Middleton, CT            Wesleyan University
Mon, Apr 16       Montreal, QC              Il Motore
Tue, Apr 17         Toronto, ON               Wrong Bar
Wed, Apr 18       Cleveland, OH            Grog Shop
Thu, Apr 19        Chicago, IL                 Empty Bottle  
Fri, Apr 20          Minneapolis, MN       7th Street Entry
Mon, Apr 23       Vancouver, BC           Fortune Sound Club
Tue, Apr 24         Seattle, WA                Barboza
Wed, Apr 25       Portland, OR               Doug Fir Lounge
Fri, Apr 27          San Francisco, CA      Rickshaw Stop
Sun, Apr 29        San Diego, CA            Casbah
Mon, Apr 30       Los Angeles, CA        Echo

No comments:

Post a Comment