Friday, May 20, 2011

New Favorite Song Alert: The Head and the Heart



I caught about three seconds of The Hand and the Heart performing “Lost In My Mind” on Jimmy Fallon the other night and immediately fell in love.  According to their bio, “The Head and the Heart write and play songs that speak to the newness of a fresh start, of the ghosts left behind, of moving forward, all brimming with a soulfulness and hope for a better life than the one we've all been sold.”  UM, YES PLEASE.

I quite fancy dual harmonies, which makes it no surprise that I love this song.  But, it is super-speaking to me today; even the title perfectly describes my mood.  The melody reminds me of something that would be in a John Hughes movie right when everything seemed lost, but is now found.  Am I super-emo-15 again?  I feel like I need to reflect, or give someone a hug when I hear this song.  Maybe I’ll do both.  I am 15 again.  The Hand and the Heart just signed to Sub-Pop, so expect to see more of them.  OMG! YAY! LYLAS!


                       




No comments:

Post a Comment