Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Band Crush Alert: The Vaccines



After hearing "If You Wanna" by The Vaccines, I was immediately smitten.  I love the poppiness, the catchiness and old school style of songwriting that is reminiscent of some 60's Wall-of-Sound bands.  I haven't heard the full record, but got a pretty good sample on their website, and all of the songs are these sharp, pop songs that are all cute and catchy.  Exactly what I'm looking for in a new favorite band.  In fact, they remind me of former band crushes, Cut Off Your Hands and Longwave (which only means that I have a "type").  Check out "All In White" and "Post Break-up Sex" for more reasons to love this band.

What Did You Expect From The Vaccines? is in stores on May 31st.  You'll know where to find me, I'll be on iTunes buying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment