Monday, March 11, 2013

New (to me) Single: SKATERS



SKATERS are the new hipster ish out of New York that the cool kids are all abuzz for this years SXSW.  I really dig them...they kind of remind me of The Drums, and really cool fun punk poppy rock.  They just released their video for "I Wanna Dance (But I don't know how)" and it's pretty cool.  I was expecting to see a barrage of horrible dancing, but instead was treated to some pretty sweet Kung Fu and a cute kid.  I'm always amazed when smaller bands have artsy expensive looking videos to go with their music.  It's pretty impressive.  Labels (and subsequently bands) don't have Hype Williams video budgets anymore, so I always appreciate when bands are able to put out something that looks like it does.  

If you happen to be wading through the flannel and feathers at SXSW this year, you can check them out at these parties:

Tue Mar 12:
8pm      Vice Party (Austin, TX) - 401 E Cesar Chavez

Wed Mar 13:                         
3PM     BlahBlahBlahBlahScience Party - Maggie Mae's - Indoor Stage - 323 E. 6th St
-and-
8pm     The Warner Sound at The Belmont - 305 W. 6th St

Thur Mar 14:                          
11pm    Paradigm Mohawk Party  - The Mohawk - 912 Red River St

Fri Mar 15:                     
5:45PM Nylon Party  - W Hotel Rooftop - 200 Lavaca St.

If not, SKATERS kick off their first headlining tour in April and will release their debut full-length on Warner Bros. Records this summer.  Learn to dance by then, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment