Friday, August 23, 2013

New Single: Yuck "Middle Sea"

I'm back, bitches!  And, I can't think of a better song to come out of hiatus to than the new one by Yuck, "Middle Sea." I wrote about this band last year when I fell in love with "Chew." It was a song that I loved but never bought because I couldn't find it anywhere. Damn, I suck at Google.

Cut to a year and change later, and Chew is back. Minus Daniel Blumberg, their lead singer, and now a threesome. So happy to hear that they didn't miss a beat, because "Middle Sea" is effing awesome!! It takes me back to my shoegazing days in the 90's and fills my heart with joy. I'm not sure I can stop listening to it, it's just that damn good. It's like Dinosaur Jr and Yo La Tengo had a British love child and named it Yuck. Hot damn!

Yuck's sophomore album Glow & Behold will be released on October 1st (Fat Possum/Pharmacy), and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment