Saturday, May 25, 2013

OPEN RANT: Today in WTF


I was reading an article in Oprah about a woman who is 50 years old and had been depressed her whole life.  Like, since she was 5 years old, whole life.  The article was about a transformation.  A woman who changed what was on the outside to make herself feel good on the inside. I'd love to tell you that the story had a happy ending, but I couldn't finish it.  There were a few key elements of the story that really stuck me in the craw and I couldn't get past them.  It started when the woman dropped that she is married with kids.  I'm thinking ok, didn't see that one coming.  She's super depressed.  Way she told it, she was miserable.  Okay, fine. Not so miserable that she didn't get out of the house to land a man and have sex at least twice.  Good for her.  I kept reading.  Then, she tells the story about a disgusting puss filled cyst she acquired because she was so filthy that the dirt infected her body because she never showered. Like, ever.  That was it.  Now I'm PISSED.

Truth be told, it's not this woman.  It's the situation.  This woman is so foul and dirty that she had to go to a doctor to have a green boil removed from her body. 

WHAT.

She's married. 

THE.

Has kids. 

FUCK.

I shower. Every fricking day. I work out.  I'm fun.  I have friends.  I like good music.  I'm entertaining.  I'm responsible.  I'm nice.  I'm CLEAN.

And, I'M. STILL. SINGLE.  No kids.

I don't get it.  They say there's a pot for every lid. Someone for everyone.  Clearly, there is.  She found her lid. 

Where's mine?!!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment